I haven’t written anything about our successes in our project for a long time.
So, filling the gap.
During last half a year our small kosher corporation made a huge step up:
– Now Android and iOS apps on both projects “Is it kosher?” and “Is it Gluten Free?” have common functionality.
– We added paid functions, like offline databases access and product detection by image recognition.
– Search was sped up and improved.
– We contacted producers and this helped us to improve products information – better image quality, barcodes and ingredients.
– We release “Is it kosher?” app for Windows Phone.
– Simple Luach now on iOS has the same functionality as for Android. There are serious plans on development of this project.
As for me, I :
– learned how to start a GlassFish server. I am not sure if this is the best choice, but I needed it as soon as possible and had a tutorial from JetBrains.
– won over Gradle. Now, I have a monster project, which contains Android and server application. Also not sure about best practices, but it works.
– learned and developed verification of Android and Apple stores.
Images to download:
- Is it kosher?
- Android – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kosherdev.koshergator
- iOS – https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=855252975&mt=8
- Amazon – http://www.amazon.com/KosherDev-Is-it-Kosher/dp/B00I8S43HW/
- Blackberry – https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/59962547
- WinPhone – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/is-it-kosher/9nblggh6cs0w
- Is it Gluten Free?
- Simple Luach